卧室制作人博客:LABS Glass Piano Captures The Magic Of Phillip Glass’s Baby Grand Piano

Spitfire Audio releases Glass Piano, another instrument for the free LABS collection.

Spitfire Audio LABS is, in my opinion, one of the best free sound resources around. It’s packed with surprisingly good sounds that no one would guess came from a free collection.

This latest addition is a little special because it has a history that spans decades of epic film scores, which is what Spitfire Audio is all about.

Glass Piano is the sound of a baby grand piano that was at the heart of almost every Phillip Glass composition. Phillip Glass is a prolific composer who scored films like Hamburger Hill, Secret Window, and features in Transcendent Man.

If you haven’t seen Transcendent Man, it’s a documentary about the sometimes controversial Ray Kurzweil. Along with some great keyboards, Ray Kurzweil has shared his prediction of “The Singularity,” the idea that man and machine will synthesize and blur the lines between the two.

Spitfire Audio has captured their recordings at various fun, impressive, and unique locations while creating the LABS collection. This time, the recording took place at the home of Phillip Glass in New York City. Since Phillip Glass composed most of his work at home on that piano, it seems the most fitting location to capture some of that magic and nostalgia.

Having listened to Glass Piano, it has a very sweet but atmospheric quality. The thing I love most about this kind of piano sound is how it feels when you start to play a little darker. I think there’s a lot to be said for soft, understated dark emotion (fear, anxiety, and so on); it’s more gripping and unknown than the in-your-face approach.

Like everything else from the LABS collection, Glass Piano functions with the free plugin from Spitfire Audio. The plugin is available in AU, VST2, VST3, and AAX formats for macOS and Windows.

I can’t speak highly enough of the LABS collection, and I think it’s fantastic that a company like Spitfire Audio continues to release new additions. If you haven’t checked it out already, do it now!

I have a few favorites in the collection, but I always have a soft spot for a nice piano, so I’m particularly excited about this release. I also love an epic film score, so the Phillip Glass connection is my cup of tea (coffee).

On that note, feel free to share any of your favorite film scores in the comments; I love when it’s something I haven’t heard or not heard for years.

Download:

LABS Glass Piano

↑↑↑ 上方链接直接到达 ↑↑↑
资讯出处:LABS Glass Piano Captures The Magic Of Phillip Glass's Baby Grand Piano - Bedroom Producers Blog