卧室制作人博客:FREE Soundpaint Engine Updated With User Sample Import

The free Soundpaint sample engine gets a significant update. It now features User Sample Import, making it possible to create third-party sample libraries.

The Soundpaint plugin comes from the creators of 8DIO, a brand with an extensive history of deep-sampling incredible instruments.

I know they have some world-class libraries, but I didn’t realize that 8DIO sounds are “used in over 40% of all major Blockbuster movies, Video Games, TV-Shows, Top-40 Productions and played billions and billions of times.” That is quite an astonishing fact, not that I can verify it, but I’ve no reason to think it’s not the case.

8DIO also partnered with Sequential on the flagship Prophet X synth.

Soundpaint version 1.1 now comes with a brand new Editor that makes importing samples easy. Once you open the Editor window, you can drag and drop your samples straight in.

The Soundpaint Editor accepts all common sound formats, including MP3, AIFF, WAV, M4A, FLAC, and OGG. The only requirement is that your samples are either 16-bit or 24-bit at 48 kHz.

Once you add samples, you can position them across the desired keyboard range. If you add a note value, like C4, for example, to the filename, Soundpaint’s Editor will automatically position the sample on the right note.

Assigning a sample to multiple notes is simple; just grab and drag either side of the marker to cover the desired range. You can also use the auto-fill feature to fill the gaps between samples or the entire keyboard, so you have a sound on every key.

You can save your arrangement as a new part and load it from the User Parts menu on the main window.

Soundpaint allows up to four parts at once with carious morphing options. You can create some fantastic multi-layered, morphing sounds in combination with existing Soundpaint parts or more external samples.

We’ve covered Soundpaint a few times, most recently the ASMR Sound Library, and I like it. I like that the foundation of the entire project revolves around lessening the gap between your idea and making music. While I’m sure there are still improvements to be made along the way, I think this update is a significant step forward.

User Sample Import brings it closer to Decent Sampler in creating your own instruments, although Soundpaint is far more expansive. It also strengthens Soundpaint’s case as a legit alternative to Kontakt, which I think is great (I’m not a huge Kontakt fan).

Soundpaint is an excellent free tool, and I think it will continue to get better.

Download:

Soundpaint

More:

↑↑↑ 上方链接直接到达 ↑↑↑
资讯出处:FREE Soundpaint Engine Updated With User Sample Import - Bedroom Producers Blog