卧室制作人博客:Algonaut Atlas 2 Turns Samples Into Music (2 FREE Copies Inside!)

Algonaut has released Atlas 2, the newest version of its powerful sample management software. We are taking a closer look at Atlas 2 and giving away two FREE copies to two lucky BPB readers.

Atlas 2 ($99) results from a lengthy two-year development period and taking on board popular user requests.

If you are like me and have more sample-filled folders scattered around your drives than you can remember, Atlas 2 is the solution for you.

The drum-optimized AI algorithm takes samples from selected folders and cleverly organizes them into clusters/groups.

Samples are grouped by sound/type and positioned based on similarity. The clusters are reminiscent of stars or an electricity grid on a map, hence the name. So, if you focus on a particular sample, the other sounds in the closest proximity are the most similar variations.

I can see how this workflow can be a massive time-saver, even if it just reduces the time needed for browsing and auditioning samples. It would also encourage me to use some of the forgotten sounds that I might not get around to otherwise, and that’s a significant gain.

Atlas 2 comes with the option to download 1,500 drum samples and add them to the Content Browser. The download also comes with premade maps, sequences, and loops. New content packs will appear in the browser when available for download.

Atlas 2 is more than just a creative sample manager, though. It features a handy Drum Kit creator, a Sample Editor, and a Drum Sequencer with humanization, polyrhythms, drag-drop import, recording, export to DAW, and more.

The Sample Editor has a well-thought-out feature set. You can easily adjust various parameters like gain, resonance, pitch, reverse the sample, and alter the trigger velocity between fixed and variable.

The polyrhythmic Drum Sequencer (MIDI import/export) is fast and flexible without being needlessly complicated. It doesn’t have a massive feature set, but it’s flexible because it makes the essential things easy to do.

Steps can be drawn or played in, and the time-saving Mirror Edit (mirrors a set number of beats) removes some tedious mouse-clicking. The Drum Sequencer works great for building and developing rhythms and sequences with your newly discovered samples.

Once you have created some sequences, you can modify or combine them easily. The sequences can be exported to the DAW for further editing and integration with your projects.

To the left of the Drum Sequencer, you’ll see the virtual drum pads. You can use the pads to create kits or trigger sequences, etc. I really like that you can change the layout between 1×8, 2×8, 4×4, and 8×8. The idea here is to match your MIDI controller (MPC, Launchpad, and so on) and make the interaction between the software and hardware feel seamless.

Atlas 2 has made some significant upgrades since the original release. The new Galaxy Mode lets you see every sample at once, the Sequencer is brand new, and the Content Browser is far more efficient.

Perhaps two of the most significant upgrades are that Atlas 2 now has a standalone version and a Linux version.

I love anything that helps you work faster and easier, but like many, I’m sometimes too set in my ways. That said, I’m keen to check Atlas 2 out more; it’s got me thinking about the hoards of forgotten samples collecting dust on my hard drives.

Atlas 2 is available in AU and VST3 formats for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

The Giveaway :star_struck:

Algonaut kindly offered to give away two FREE copies of Algonaut 2 to two lucky BPB readers, and we couldn’t say no! :partying_face:

Entering the giveaway is easier than ever. To enter, simply leave a comment below answering this question: What is your favorite genre of music?

Only one comment per person is allowed. We will randomly (using a software-based random comment picker) select two lucky winners on Monday, July 26th.

Good luck, everyone, and a big THANK YOU to Algonaut for this awesome giveaway! :heart:

More info:

Algonaut Atlas 2 ($99)

↑↑↑ 上方链接直接到达 ↑↑↑
资讯出处:Algonaut Atlas 2 Turns Samples Into Music (2 FREE Copies Inside!) - Bedroom Producers Blog