卧室制作人博客:Noise Engineering Releases Three FREE Experimental Plugins (BETA)

Prolific Eurorack module creator Noise Engineering is bringing three of its hardware classics to your DAW for free.

Most of our time making music is spent experimenting, but we don’t necessarily spend as much time experimenting with creating weird sounds.

That space is reserved for modular.

Well, modular has been invading the computer space for years now. This is the latest result of that – Noise Engineering’s Virt Vereor, Sinc Vereor, and Ruina are brand new pieces of software that riff on classic Eurorack modules. And they sound weird.

How weird? The promotional video starts with a Poltergeist reference. That’s pretty weird. You can check that out, allow with a few sounds, below.

Virt Vereor, Sinc Vereor, and Ruina VST, AU, and AAX Public Beta | Noise Engineering – YouTube

Here’s what’s on offer:

• Sinc Vereor – Based on the Sinc Iter, a classic Eurorack module. The original module was a “23-Octave multi-mode voltage-controlled oscillator”. That sounds pretty scary, but it’s actually just a wavefolding synth with pretty standard controls. Still, it gets crazy in only a few clicks, sounding like a Sega Genesis having a heart attack.
  • Virt Vereor – This one’s straight out of the Arturia MicroFreak. It’s based on some pretty unique algorithms. It all sounds really academic. It also sounds nuts.
  • Ruina – Based on the “Ruina Versio” module. It’s a stereo-distortion/filter/wavefolder/saturator plugin that has a ton of different options to destroy your sound, including a slider named “Doom.” You can use Ruina to add a total of 128x times the regular gain – that’s at least 5 times too many.

Look, Eurorack gives me an anxiety attack. I’ve used a few emulations like VCV Rack and Cherry Audio’s Voltage Modular, but it’s been an uphill struggle. So the underlying concepts behind the original hardware go way above my head. But I know when something sounds absolutely filthy.

To top it all off, all three modules are free and have very easy-to-understand interfaces.

All plugins are currently in public beta, so you might see some bugs now and then, but they should be stable enough to use. If you’re looking for a way to inject something that’s really disrespectful and inappropriate, try them out.

More info:

Freequel Bundle (available in VST, AU, and AAX format for Windows and macOS)

↑↑↑ 上方链接直接到达 ↑↑↑
资讯出处:Noise Engineering Releases Three FREE Experimental Plugins (BETA) - Bedroom Producers Blog